& welcome back to Firewire,
your friendly guide to the exciting world of web-design
the previous Newsletter we had covered how to create
a dynamic flowing arrows effect in Flash. In this Newsletter
we will be covering Preloader
which shows graphically animated progress of the movie
loaded in bytes, kilobytes and percentage in Flash 5.0.
here to download the source (.fla) file.
A preloader is
a simple animation that plays as the rest of a movie downloads.
In this preloading
animation explained, an empty box will start filling with
liquid. When the box is full, loading is completed and homepage
will launch i.e Scene2.
a new movie with dimensions of 550px
1. Create a 3
dimensional box with such a fill that the box looks transparent.
2. Choose Insert
> Convert to symbol.
3. Give symbol
name to the box as 'box' and convert it into a movie
Select Window > Library.
5. Select 'box' movie clip.
6. Double click the movie clip to go inside the movie clip.
7. Choose Insert > Layer.
8. Copy the box object and paste it on the newly added layer.
9. Fill the box at the bottom layer with grey color.(Remove
10. Select the
11. Choose Modify > Shape >
Soften Fill Edges.
12. Select the following settings in the Soften Edges window.
13. Select the inside
part of the fill and delete it.so that it can give only soften
edges border fill for the box.
14. Choose Insert > Convert to symbol.
15. Give symbol name to the border as 'box border'.
16. Select the 'box border' movie clip.
17. Choose Window > Panels > Effect.
18. In the Effect window select Alpha=50.
19. Choose Window > Panels >
20. Transform the 'box border' by 98%.
21. Insert a new
layer below the layer named as box border.
22. Draw the remaining lines of the box on this layer so that
we can get a proper box effect with such a fill that the box
Now our transperant
empty box is ready.